Thursday, January 14, 2010

My weird leg thing & an evening with Finn Riggins


So, I know I promised to tell you all about the weird thing with my leg, but I was really tired last night/I wanted to watch TV on the Internet instead of typing. So here it goes: basically I can't feel anything in my right thigh...creepy! I went to the doctor but she didn't know what the fuck she was talking about because she told me to take 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day, and though the feeling has not returned to my thigh, it has returned to my stomach in a very painful way. So today I said "fuck that noise," and I called a chiropractor. I have never been to a chiropractor, so I have no idea what to expect, nor do I have an opinion about chiropractors, but everyone else in the world has an opinion! And it is annoying! So whatever.

The real point of this post is to talk about Finn Riggins*, the band. Last night they played a show in Bend at Mcmenanenamins**, a place I generally dislike for several reasons, but seem to wind up at all the time. I'd never actually heard their music before, but the concert was free, and since I hadn't gone out in about a month, I figured, what the heck. And, boy I'm glad I went! I had fun! Yay!
I could do the right thing and analyze their music and all that, but I wouldn't be very good at it, and you would be bored and annoyed, so instead I'll just talk about several events of the night and never make a point or come to a conclusion. The band got on stage and began with a song about death: I liked it. They had keyboards and what I think was a calypso drum, so they won me over immediately! I must comment on the audience, though, because it was a super weird combination of people. First of all, there were way too many babies. Second, there were a lot of folks over the age of fifty. And third, there was an annoying dude with a mohawk who started dancing like people who dance at a ska concert...what do they call that...skanking???
So, dude was skanking, babies was sleeping, and the rest were respectfully but off tempo-ly clapping.

So what else??? It was fun! The dude with the mohawk made his girlfriend 'skank' with him, and it was the most awkward thing ever. It's kind of like when a person is holding a cat that really doesn't want to be held, but the person won't let go of the cat, and even though that cat really wants down, it won't scratch the person because of social conventions and the fact that the cat kind of wants people to think it is super uninhibited and that it dances/is held in public all the time. Does that make sense??? You're absolutely right it does! I kind of felt bad for her, but bitch should have known what she was getting into. HE HAS A BLEACH MOHAWK. GROSS. Fuck, what's my point?! My point is that Finn Riggins was really good. Why? Because all three members were really into it, they sounded great, and their music fondly reminded me of the 1990s (in a good way), mates of state, and other good things. Also, they seemed like nice people. So, they were pretty great and fun.

Unfortunately, I had to leave during intermission because I had to be at work at 7 AM today, and also my companion fell asleep. I would have liked to stay, but I'm 85 years old, so I can't stay out after 8:30 PM. Well, I think this passage is long enough, and I've used enough non-existent metaphors for one day. Plus I'm trying to watch Hobson's Choice, whatever that is!

Coming soon...

Adventures in house sitting! Just like Adventures in Babysitting, but instead of children there is a house and a dog...and some cats! Enthralling!
* I hope Finn Riggins doesn't read this.
**Not the actual spelling

3 comments:

  1. I feel like this description sums up every concert that has ever happened in Bend. Since the beginning of time. Also, LOLZZZZ x 139486094568.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dude's chest is mad hairy! I am totally into that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I know you are...and so am I.

    ReplyDelete